Les Gets is a bustling village with plenty of choice when it comes to things do and places to eat and drink. Here are just a few hints & tips from us….
For a bit of Apres, head to:
- L’Apres Ski Bar; situated at the bottom of the Chavannes piste, close to the ESF office, this bar has a great location for some traditional outdoor après and often has live music.
- Barbylone; a lively bar with friendly proprietors, stays open til late and has a great party atmosphere.
- Bar Bush; owned run by a friendly guy called Cindy, it has a really pleasant atmosphere for your immediate après ski. Cindy serves good beer and has a few nice wines on the menu. Quiz Night is on a Friday.
- Crychar Wine Bar; over 240 wine to choose from with a large terrace on the slopes located bottom left of the Chavannes as you ski home.
- The Black Bear (Canadian Bar); a busy bar popular with both the English and French alike. Has an extensive cocktail menu and a large heated outdoor terrace.
- The Irish Pub; small but well formed! Has its own micro-brewery and serves a choice of home brewed ales.
- L’Outa; a cosy and sophisticated little wine bar – great wine list, so why not enjoy a glass with some local cheese and charcuterie.
And if you’re eating out for dinner, here are some of our favourite places:
- La Pela; the best restaurant in the village by our reckoning, with fantastic fillet steaks and Pierrade (Hot stones). Very cosy with excellent service.
- Les Copeaux; one of our favourite restaurants, great for meat eaters! They only do two sittings so you do have to book.
- Le Choucas; serves great pizzas alongside really good local and international specialities. Has an extensive ice cream menu and their house wine by the carafe is very good.
- Le Tyrol; cosy atmosphere and traditional savoyarde dishes – they also have a wood burning oven and serve the best pizzas in the village!
- The Boomerang; great if you’re looking for something less traditional, they do good tapas, pizzas and noodles – also fish & chips!
And if you still have any energy left, you can always head to Les Gets’ only nightclub ‘L’Igloo’ – it doesn’t open until 11pm though!