At ‘Up The Alps’ we pride ourselves on extremely high standards of cleanliness in our properties and this is something our guests have consistently and positively commented on over the years.
However, with the Covid-19 situation, it’s necessary to really focus on decreasing the risk of bacterial transfer and the government have issued guidelines to help us safeguard our guests. As such we have implemented additional measures to give you even more peace of mind when you come and stay in one of our properties here in Les Gets.
The safety of all of our guests is our priority, so we’re taking the following precautions to help keep you and us safe;
Arrival / Departure
- Hand sanitizer is available at property entrances for you to use on entry and exit as well as signage on any other specific requirements.
- Where possible, we will send you a pre-arrival email explaining your current responsibilities to comply with French COVID-19 regulations such as wearing masks, social distancing and hand sanitation.
- Non essential items such as piste maps, bus timetables etc have been removed from the properties to avoid contamination. You can obtain your own copies from the Tourist Office or electronically at www.lesgets.com
- Your room will have the same thorough cleaning that you would usually expect prior to your arrival plus an additional disinfection (including soft furnishings) and ventilation to reduce any infection risk. We’ll wear masks when preparing your room and during daily housekeeping.
- All en-suite bathrooms will have hand soap pumps for you to use.
- Your room key will have been disinfected before your arrival.
- Non-essential items, such as cushions and throws will be removed from your room.
- All linen is of course clean and fresh on arrival and will have been washed at a minimum of 60 degrees.
- Your welcome pack will be printed on single use paper so it can be disposed of after your stay.
Communal Space & Dining
- High touchpoint surfaces such as light switches, remote controls, door handles, tables and chairs will be regularly disinfected.
- Social distancing will be in place, including for breakfast. This will be explained to you on arrival if required.
- We will wear masks when preparing and serving your breakfast. All items placed on the table will be single use or have been adequately disinfected including all crockery and glasses which are sanitized in the dishwasher above 60 degrees. No self service of food and drinks is currently allowed.
- In order to reduce the risk of airborne and contact infection, our hammam’s will not be open this summer.
- Due to the COVID-19 social distancing regulations currently still in place, we are not yet able to open our jacuzzi’s. We are optimistic that this situation will change soon and are monitoring the relevant regulations. Again, your safety is our priority!
We’re fortunate that France is coming out of lockdown in a very good position having had one of the strictest confinements in Europe. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and will relax restrictions in line with government advice when we can.
We are a hospitality business first and foremost and are here to make sure you have a fabulous, safe stay, even during these uncertain times.
If you have any question at all, just contact us – we hope to see you soon!
Craig & Jen