Now hiring for winter 2019/20 – Chalet Couple or 2 individuals to join our team!
Up the Alps is a small, privately owned, luxury chalet company based solely in Les Gets, part of the massive Portes du Soleil ski area in the French Alps. We are expanding this season and will have 3 chalets in total, both catered & self-catered, all within 30m of each other and centrally located in the village.
We are now on the search for 2 dynamic, enthusiastic and capable people with a passion for cooking, delivering excellent customer service and of course an interest in the mountains, to join our team.
Think you might have what it takes? Then read on…..
In summary, the Chalet Host/Chef role is a varied one – with a partner, you will manage your own chalet and your ultimate goal is to provide delicious food and excellent customer service to all guests throughout their stay. We are looking for either a couple or 2 individuals (you can apply on your own) to fill these roles.
Daily duties include prepping and serving breakfast, cleaning communal areas and rooms, removing rubbish and prepping and serving kids tea & adults dinner. On some days there’ll be food shopping to do and other days will involve changing over the chalet for incoming guests. You must ensure that our high standards, procedures and company image are maintained at all times. One of the best parts of the job is that you’ll get to meet and socialise with some fantastic guests, so a friendly personality is essential – you must also be able to manage all requests, questions and deal effectively with any problems as they arise.
Chalet Hosts/Chefs need to be incredibly flexible, reliable and organised – if you have these skills, you can really maximise your time on the mountain and fully appreciate your season in amazing Les Gets!
- 4 month French contract, commencing December 2019. At least 1 full day off per week, plus holiday allowance
- Excellent monthly salary
- Accommodation included – a superb, PRIVATE, centrally located, self contained 1 bedroom apartment with kitchen and laundry. Bills and wifi included.
- Breakfast and dinner included 6 days a week
- Discounted Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz season pass
- Free ski and boot hire for the season
- Use of a car
- Free private gym usage
- Discounted ski lessons
- Discounted massages
- Uniform – branded T-shirts
- Can arrive any time from the start of December
- In season rewards/incentives
- Pre-season wine tasting
- 1 week free B&B holiday in summer 2020
In addition to the fantastic package and perks we offer our employees, here are just a few reasons why we think you should choose Up the Alps and Les Gets for your winter season…..
- Experienced, supportive employers who completely understand the challenges of the role and are always on hand to help if needed.
- Our properties are high end luxury chalets with fab kitchens – great to work in and you’ll never have to worry about guests not liking the accommodation!
- Fantastic ski area on the doorstep – you can be sitting on the Chavannes express chairlift within 20 mins of finishing your work in the morning!
- Great seasonaire community of all ages, we’ll introduce you to 2 other companies and their teams to get you started (pre season staff night out :> )but it’s really easy to get to know people.
- Village has 8 bars to choose from and 1 night club. You can have as big a night or as chilled a night as you like. Live music is a regular feature of a few of the bars. Loads of great restaurants both in the village and on the mountain.
- Lots of events happening throughout the season; Grand Odyesse, Lounge music festival, Rock the Piste festival, Ski Colour
If you’ve read all of the above and think you might be the person / people we’re looking for, then get in touch asap!
In the first instance please email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter explaining why you want to work for us and why we should choose you. We will contact you by telephone or email within 14 days. Successful applicants will then have a phone/skype interview.
All applicants must be able to legally work in France and therefore must be a citizen of an EU or hold a valid working visa if non EU. If you are British, please do not let any Brexit concerns prevent you from applying!
Have questions or need more info before you apply? Just contact us and we’ll get back to you asap.