Lac Les Gets:
This lovely lake is a 20 minute walk or 5 min free bus ride / petit train ride from Chalet Virolet. It’s perfect for a family day out and has:
- A designated children’s swimming area, with lifeguard
- A water slide running into the lake
- Wibit water park!
- Volleyball and basketball courts
- Table tennis
- Children’s play area with swings / slides and mini climbing wall
- Bike pump track
- Tree top ‘high ropes’ adventure park (must be at least 6yrs old to participate)
- The restaurant du Lac – serves a good plat du jour, sandwiches and drinks
In Les Gets village (which is a short stroll from Chalet Virolet) you can find:
- A traditional wooden carousel
- A bike pump track
- A trampolining and bungee cord area for children aged 1yr and older
- Small play park
- Pottery painting
- 10 Pin Bowling
- The Mont Chery telecabine (great views of Mont Blanc from the top
- Le Petit Train
- The museum of mechanical music
- Caroline’s farm tours
In Morzine & Montriond:
Morzine (10 mins drive away) has an Olympic size (50 metre) outdoor swimming pool, with a separate area for young kids and a play pool for older kids – also a water slide, indoor pool and poolside café.
Lac Montriond is a 15 minute drive from the chalet and is a large natural lake with kids swimming area, canoe & paddleboard hire and a couple of great restaurants.
On Lake Geneva:
You’ll find an excellent beach at Excennevex (45 mins drive from the chalet), perfect for a relaxing day and some fun in the water. From here you can rent SUP’s and canoes and even arrange a spot of waterskiing or wakeboarding.
The pretty medieval village of Yvoire (5 mins from Excennevex) is well worth a visit for it’s wonderful ice cream parlours!