Lac Les Gets
This lovely lake is a 20 minute walk or 5 min free bus ride / petit train ride from Chalet Virolet. It’s perfect for a family day out and has:
- A designated children’s swimming area, with lifeguard
- A water slide running into the lake
- New for 2017! Wibit water park!
- Volleyball and basketball courts
- Table tennis
- Children’s play area with swings / slides and mini climbing wall
- Tree top ‘high ropes’ adventure park (must be at least 6yrs old to participate)
- A pony ranch with pony and horse treks being offered
- The restaurant du Lac – serves a good plat du jour, sandwiches and drinks
In Les Gets village (which is a short stroll from Chalet Virolet) you can find:
- A traditional wooden carousel
- A bike pump track
- A trampolining and bungee cord area for children aged 1yr and older
- Small play park
- Pottery painting
- 10 Pin Bowling
- The Mont Chery telecabine (great views of Mont Blanc from the top)
- Le Petit Train
- The museum of mechanical music
- Caroline’s farm tours
- Cinema ‘Le Club’, showing English films once a week
In Morzine & Avoriaz:
Morzine has an Olympic size (50 metre) outdoor swimming pool, with a separate area for young kids and a play pool for older kids – also a water slide, indoor pool and poolside café.
Lac Montriond is a large natural lake with kids swimming area, canoe and paddleboard hire and a couple of great restaurants.
At Avoriaz, Aquariaz is a unique mountain water park, which has plenty to appeal to both children and adults. For little ones, It has a huge ‘splash zone’ with pouring-water play equipment including water slides, water guns and a tipping bucket that pours out tens of litres of water at a time! For older children and grown ups, there’s a swimming pool, lazy river, outdoor hot tub and ‘the sidewinder’ – a huge half pipe that you ride in a rubber ring!