At Up the Alps we’ve always catered for short breaks and demand for a 3 or 4 night get away is increasing year by year. Ladies groups, gents groups or families wanting to ski outside of the school holidays can enjoy the full chalet / ski experience whilst minimising time off work. Did you know that on a 3 night stay in Les Gets you can actually fit in 3 ½ days of skiing? Here’s how we recommend our guests do it……
- 6am – Take an early flight! Easyjet flights from the UK start at around 6am – this of course means a VERY early alarm call, but it’ll all be worth it when you’re lunching on the mountain!
- 9am – Let Skiidy Gonzales whizz you up the hill! The flight time to Geneva is around 1hr 30 mins, so allowing for the 1hr time difference, you’ll be landing before 9am. Let us organise your transfers with Skiidy Gonzales and you’ll be in Les Gets by late morning (driving time is 1h 15 mins).
- 11am – Quick change and pick up kit. Your room may not be ready until 4pm, but we’ll always give you space to get your salopettes on and store your luggage for the day. Following a swift cuppa we’ll walk to Desire Sports in the village with you to get your kit hire sorted.
- 12 noon – You’re on your first lift! And the mountain is your oyster! Whether you decide to hit the Chavannes side first (5hr pass is around 30 euros) or sample our ‘locals mountain’ Mont Chery (approx. 19 euro pass) you can get in a full afternoon of skiing (and of course a spot of lunch with a view).
- 5pm – Apres, chalet & bed. Time to ski down to the village, drop your kit back at Desire Sports for the night and make your way back to your chalet (perhaps with a few Apres drinks enroute?) At Chalet Virolet, once you’ve unpacked, you can enjoy a reviving slice of cake, a relaxing soak in the hot tub and an invigorating steam before dinner! Following a delicious 3 course meal with carefully selected wine, it’ll be time to hit the hay. A long day, but well worth it and you’re sure to sleep like a log after all that mountain air….
DAYS 2 & 3
Just ski! There’s plenty of skiing to keep you entertained in Les Gets/Morzine. If you’re feeling more adventurous though you can of course ski further and experience Avoriaz and the rest of the Portes du Soleil, including the notorious Swiss Wall. We can advise on ski passes (to make sure you get the most economical option) and of course chat you through runs & routes to make sure you get the most out of your time here.
- 10am – Check out time. Check out is usually 10am, but we can store your luggage during the day and give you somewhere to change at the end of the day.
- 10:15 – You’re skiing again! It’s your last day on the slopes, a chance to revisit your favourite pistes and haunts and breathe in more of that fantastic mountain air!
- 17:00 – Almost home time. Ski down, drop your kit, final Apres drink and back to the chalet for a quick change and to collect your luggage.
- 19:30 – Back to the airport. Again, we recommend Skiidy Gonzales who will collect you from your accommodation and get you back to Geneva safely, whatever the weather.
- 21:00 – Fly home :> The last Easyjet flight leaves Geneva at around 21:30 – meaning you can enjoy a full day’s skiing and still be back in the UK before midnight!